Clean Oxide 75, is a 0.75% (7500mg/L) solution of chlorine dioxide in water, which is generated by mixing two precursor solutions. CleanOxide 75 is bio-degradable hence also environmentally friendly. It is a broad spectrum disinfectant effective against algae, bacteria spores, fungi, protozoa and viruses.
The Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (the ADWG) published by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) and Natural Resource Management Ministerial Council (NRMMC) in 2004 are not mandatory standards but provide a basis for determining drinking water quality. Chlorine dioxide has been approved by NHMRC for use in disinfecting drinking water since 2005. The ADWG recommends a maximum of 1 mg/L for chlorine dioxide on health grounds and a maximum of 0.4mg/L on aesthetic grounds (taste).
The World Health Organisation recommends and has rated Chlorine Dioxide as the most powerful water sanitizer in the world. Chlorine dioxide is a well-known disinfectant for drinking water with many advantages over chlorination. Worldwide over 900 public water systems are using chlorine dioxide for water disinfection.
Chlorine dioxide remains effective over a wide pH range from about 4 to 10. This is in sharp contrast to chlorine which is only effective over a narrow pH. Furthermore, because chlorine dioxide is a more powerful disinfectant Clean Oxide 75 can be dosed at much lower rates resulting in reduced costs.
An important property of chlorine dioxide is its ability to destroy biofilm, which is a film of slime produced by microorganisms on surfaces in contact with water. Chlorine dioxide is very effective at oxidising common water pollutants such as sulphides, iron and manganese. Taste and odours resulting from algae and decaying vegetable matter are all controlled by chlorine dioxide.
In comparison when Chlorine is used to treat water, it produces a number of undesirable by-products including Carcinogenic Trihalomethanes. Whereas Chlorine Dioxide does not produce any of these dangerous by-products. CleanOxide 75 can be added to drinking water treated with chlorine as the primary disinfectant to remove many of these undesirable compounds thus improving the aesthetic quality of the water.
- 10L of CleanOxide 75.
- 20L of CleanOxide 75.
Please contact us for pricing based on your requirements.
- Control of Biofilm – For more information please click here
- Sanitation and Disinfection within Breweries – For more information please click here
- Microbial Control within Cooling Towers – For more information please click here
- Treatment for Drinking Water – For more information please click here
- Control of Fouling in Irrigation Systems – For more information please click here
- Iron and Manganese Removal – For more information please click here
- Applications within the Marine Industry – For more information please click here
- Applications within the Oil and Gas Industry – For more information please click here
- Applications within Poultry Farming – For more information please click here
- CleanOxide 75 is effective over a broad pH range (4-10).
- CleanOxide 75 controls bacteria, fungi, viruses, biofilm and algae.
- CleanOxide 75 does not react with ammonia and does not produce toxic compounds in contact with organic materials present in water.
- CleanOxide 75 is effective at lower dose rates than chlorine or bromine.
- Microorganisms do not develop resistance to CleanOxide 75
- CleanOxide 75 rapidly degrades to harmless inorganic chemicals when exposed to sunlight